OMG, I had these cooked shrimps sitting in the fridge for 2 days and I wasn’t in the mood to eat them, but – I had to. So, I had a few with some shrimp cocktail sauce. And if you don’t know how easy it is to make cocktail sauce, here it is.
Mix together and that’s it! Dip at your hearts content. Now, i like it spicy, so I add a lot of spicy horseradish. I’m planning to try Beaver Creamed Horseradish because it says Beaver in it, and, well, I’m Canadian and we are known for Beaver Tails.Hey! Get your mind out of the gutter.
OK, now on the the actual 10 minute Easy Thai Shrimp Curry.
As you know, I try to use only what I have on hand. So, while I didn’t want to eat shrimp, I know my man would love it. So, I looked in the cupboard and low and behold…coconut milk. Next, I went to the fridge and – there it was, the secret ingredient that makes Thai dishes – thai curry paste . Not sure if it’s still good. Well, we’ll find out tomorrow.
Here’s the ingredients I used that I had on hand.
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 bag of snow peas
- 15 shrimp. I ate the rest.lol
- 3 mushrooms
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 maybe 2 tsp curry paste
- 2 small squirts of fish sauce (not needed, but i use it sometimes)
- 1 garlic piece
- 1 tsp of ginger or a small piece like you did with the garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar or white sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- left over frozen rice from last weeks dinner
wow, that seems like a lot of ingedients, but…I had them all on hand. Remember, use what you have and try something new.
- Cut up the veggies into small skinny pieces
- Cook pepper and mushrooms
- add the garlic & ginger for about 45 seconds
- add the curry paste and the coconut milk
- add the other veggies
- add the shrimp
- simmer for 15 minutes and enjoy
This is the final result…Mmmm, OK now I’m hungry again.
If you try Beaver (he he) before me, tell me what you think in the comments.
Until next time, keep using those leftovers.