50 Fun date ideas that don’t involve food, unless you want it to.
A while back, I wrote an article on date ideas that I wanted to do. Well, they didn’t happen. If you want to read the article, it’s called “Dates – I don’t have time for that”. I don’t always have time, or rather I didn’t make the time, and when I was ready for a date, he had made other plans. I was sad, but I understood.
I know we are all busy, but – if you don’t make time for each other, then you might end up arguing because you feel neglected or worse, you disconnect and become room-mates.
What’s stopping you from going on dates? Is it money? Is it time? Is it that you’re not sure what to do? Well, I have what I hope will help you with time, money and ideas.
If you wanted to, you could do a date a week! So, there are no excuses. Even if you have kids, you can still do some of these dates. I know it’s work planning a date, but if you don’t do it, will he? Maybe, but what if he doesn’t’ know what you like. Well, send him this link to give him some ideas.
One more thing. Ladies, if you’re partner plans a date, just say yes and go. I know, sometimes they not what you want to do, but – if you say no, then he may never plan another one because you complain too much when he plans them. Trust me, I know this from experience. My man came up with a few date ideas and I said no right away. Not even thinking that maybe, he was trying to organize something for us. Nope, I said no because it didn’t interest me. Well, guess what happened the week after? Nothing! No date, no suggestion. So, I had to say that I was sorry for shutting down the idea. He said that he tries to organize dates, but that I don’t like any of them. That’s not true – but a lot of them are not what I want to do.
Listen, if you want to spend time with your partner, you’re going to have to go on dates that may not be what you wanted, but – at least you are spending time together.
I have put together a list of date ideas that have some food, some adventure, some exercise, and some are Rated R. Please don’t share this list with those over 50.lol. Just kidding about the 50, but there are some rated R things.
Ready, lets have some fun!
50 Date night ideas for under $50 Canadian!
- Play 9 holes of golf or 9 and Dine
- Soak in an outdoor hot tub and hold each other, or talk (check out the Nordik spa).
- Watch a professional or college/local sports team like volleyball, basketball, or football
- Go for a hike in Gatineau park
- Go for a walk after work in your neighborhood. You might be surprised by what you see
- Plan a 5k or 10k run (I’m doing it alone, but he’s running with me to support me)
- Go snorkeling at the local beach, a cottage or trailer campground. You can buy snorkeling gear on Amazon for dirt cheap
- Do a facial on each other or go get them done together
- Go to the casino with $25 each MAX – I like pulling the lever on the slot machine
- Do a crossword game (buy them cheap on Amazon)
- Throw a party with a few friends and play cards or Minute-To-Win-It games
- Have you thought about throwing Axes. (Batl Axe Throwing has $22.22 for walk-ins)
- Singing at karaoke. I need a few drinks for this one
- Ride a mechanical bull – OK now you’re talking. The Casino Lac Lemay and Crazy Horse has one
- Play pool or billiards, air hockey and ping pong at a bar. There are quite a few
- Have you tried GEO Cashing? It’s a fun FREE thing to do. I don’t want to spoil it. Check out the link to learn more at https://www.geocaching.com/play
- Make each other love coupons that gets you things you want i.e. 20 minute massage, dinner made, do the laundry or dishes…OMG, now you’re talking.
- Go camping for a night. There are some places you can rent tents, sleeping bags and cooking gear. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you who I know that might be renting their equipment
- Plan a special theme night & menu where you make the food and watch a movie in that theme
- Go check out items for sale in storage places
- Have you tried the indoor garage sale? There is one at the Canteburry Community Association that is happening April 28th, 2019. Take note, the date changes every year.
- Check out an auction, even bid on a few items!
- Go to a carnival or theme park and go on the rides together. This is me on high rides. I dislike high rides!
- Bringing sex back. Rent a hotel room and check out ADULT Rated R movie’s https://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/sex/g22593618/best-soft-porn-for-women/. NOTE: This may be more than $50, but it’s well worth it. It feels naughty.
- Go to the race track and bid on who’s going to win – we do $20 bucks each
- Have a beautiful lobster at Rideau Carlton Raceway on Friday – $29.99 (OK, it’s a food one, but it’s lobster..for $30 bucks!) and, you can watch the races while you’re there.
- Have fun browsing at a book or magazine store. I would highly recommend a book for couples called “The 5 Love Languages by Gary Champman. Trust me, you will enjoy it and he might actually read it too…but you may need to give him a reward for doing it.lol
- Throw pennies in a fountain and make a wish
- Go on a road trip – put a pin in a map and just drive. I didn’t like this one because we got lost and hate being lost.
- Go canoeing or paddle boat. Dows lake has everything to rent, or you can buy them cheap on Amazon
- Go fishing with friends or your partner on a lake or pond or even Dows lake at preston street. All you need is a cheap fishing rod and a lure or worms that you can get from Canadian Tire or Walmart.
- Try stand up paddle. Check out Moutain Equipment Coop, or SUP.com
- Go on a haunted walk. Ottawa Haunted Walk has interesting places to see, but I hope you’re not afraid to see a ghost.
- Try a game of darts at restaurant or the Legion. Check on Yelp.com for lots of places.
- Go horseback riding. This is my favorite thing.
- Rent a 2 seated bike. See rentabike.ca for places and types of bikes.
- Go to a trade show, they have one for every season,even for him. They also have a sex one.
- Go to an adult intimate store.
- Take an adult sex class together – Adult Fun Superstore has some
- Learn to play an instrument together. I have play piano or sax on my bucket list.
- Try ‘Open Mike’ night. Absolute comedy has a amature night.
- Take a winery or beer tour. Check out the local breweries and Groupon has some deals for them
- Play Frisbee in the park
- Check out local art or museum
- Learn a new language together. I am going to learn Spanish or Italian before I retired. I already know French, but find those to just wow.
- Go bowling! Be careful not to get your finger stuck in the ball and break it. Ouch
- Give each other massage and save $100 each!
- Try archery – The RA Centre offers it as well as https://www.archerygames.ca/
- Play trivia at different location. Check out places that are hosting events like www.meetup.com/Ottawa-Trivia-League.
- Check out a cultural event like Greek festival (I love their lamb). Look on Google for festivals or events near me. Or, check my website for listings as I try to post them when I see them.
- Try playing a sport together. I took up Pickleball and really like it. The best part is you can play at any skillset. To see what it’s all about, check out Ottawa Pickleball Association. There are tons of places to play in the city that cost less than $7 bucks each, and…it’s 3 hours!
There you have it, 51 date ideas for you to reconnect and build new memories that are fun and cost under $50.
Have a wonderful date night every week.
If you have other dates ideas please share them as I love to try different things.